martes, 18 de marzo de 2014

More Terrain!!!


Something very common in any Afghan landscape is the irrigation ditch. How many US soldiers have finished their jump in the middle of the muddy water? I ask myself (because there are many pictures like this one).

So I wanted to have some irrigation ditches for my Afghan based games...


And here they are; another fantastic work from the Wargames News and Terrain terraforming service.


I sent Timmy a pair of pictures and a very basic sketch about I wanted to have, and in least than a week, he sent me these pictures with his almost finishd work. A perfect irrigation system.


I wanted to have it modular, to be able of deploy different configurations of ditches over the table.


Of course, I´m going to use it in my Third Afghan War games (I´m now painting the British, at last!).


And in the new Afghan War too. They can be perfect barriers and trenches...

So another very good work from Wargames News and Terrain, with a really fair price and fast, really, really fast delivery time.

I´m now finishing the painting of some Taliban fighters to play a test game with the future "Taliban ORBAT" for "Skirmish Sangin". Some SAS are going to wet their boots...

12 comentarios:

  1. Now that's impressive, great work Juan.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks! It has been a great work from the part of Timmy, a great artist.

      Eliminar
  2. Cool stuff! I'm petty sure those will come in handy in future games.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Lots of the Larger more developed towns also have huge gutters along the main streets for trash and "night soil" One of my buddies wind up stepping into one on a raining night because the road was flooded. Went in over his head. We just laughed at him as he throw up exclaiming that he had poo water in his mouth.
    Oh a slightly less or more funny note depending on your style of humor. Half of another of my other buddies platoon got dysentery from walking through some of those irrigation ditches and across a few flooded fields to avoid known IED's and other ambush points.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I have seen there, in Kabul, some of those gutters and they are a really bad and dangerous thing...

      Eliminar
  4. Glad you like the pieces Juan and also I'm happy they arrived in good condition.

    Kind regards

    Timmy
    http://wargameterrain.blogspot.be/

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Stop being a tease and give us a close up shot of that stretcher bearer. From what I can see he looks good. Is that S B on his armband? Also can't make out the colour stripe in the kilt is it yellow for the Gordons?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Ok, ok.
      Yes, it is a "SB" (very bad written, of course...). And he is from the Gordons. I´m painting now the rest of the Command pack so very soon I´m going to have new pictures!

      Eliminar
  6. Good ideas, most impressive terrain!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I have a lot of ideas for that terrain elements. I need now a warmatt...

      Eliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...